On Fridays, we take a look back at the week that was, and show you five of our favorite career-advice articles — tips and news you may have missed during your busy week.
5. One story that got our attention this week was about a new line of Hallmark cards — for the recently unemployed. Now, sometimes a card is quite nice — but we have some more-practical way to show a recently laid-off friend that you care. Read "New 'Sorry You Got Laid Off' Cards from Hallmark."
4. With fall come increasing challenges to our health: longer hours indoors and more "treats" around the office are just a couple of the obstalces we face. A new Monster Special Report includes several articles with tips to help you overcome those challenges. Peruse "Stay Healthy at Work."
3. From our friends at CareeRealism.com, a brief article on a topic all job seekers are concerned with: employer background checks. Read "The Latest Background Screening Techniques."
2. Anyone can say that they work well with others. AvidCareerist.com has advice on how to show it. Read "5 Ways to Show 'Works Well With Others' on a Resume."
1. We'll close out the week with news from the LA Times on a fast-growing new occupation. Read "Employers are Liking — and Hiring — Social Media Workers. "
Do you need job-search advice? What job-seeker topics would you like to see covered? Leave a message for us in the comments section below, or find @monstercareers on Twitter and send a message. Also, get support and great job-seeker advice when you join our community on Facebook.