Here are some interesting facts from Monster’s recent Veterans’ Talent Index:
- Employers are hiring veterans with security clearance status.
- 54% of veterans who’ve posted a resume on Monster have a security clearance, with more than half of these being active.
- Over one-quarter of surveyed veterans are interested in working in a government role which may require a level of clearance.
Veterans, take note of this week’s cool jobs — and discover how your military experiences could relate to a new career path with Military.com’s Military Skills Translator.
- CNC Operator, Valent Aerostructures (Tulsa, OK): “Our products support the military, commercial, and general aviation in fixed wing, rotorcraft, missile, and ground support industry. …“
- Veterans Compliance Coordinator, Dixie State College (Salt Lake City, UT): “Dixie State College is seeking a Veterans Compliance Coordinator. …”
- IT Professional I, Fleet Data Analyst, Sarasota County Government (Sarasota, FL): “Creates reports, analyzes data, assists and trains users of the fuel computer program and the Maintenance database. …”
- Beneficiary Services Representative, Chenega (Fort Walton Beach, FL ): “This individual serves as the Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer (PEBLO) in the Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) program. …”
- Case Manager, Veterans Assistance Foundation (Tomah, WI): “The CM provides intake screening and program orientation, living skills classes, drug and alcohol testing, maintains case files, provide and/or refer clients for services such as; employment, state and federal benefits, financial services, social security, housing and legal issues. …”
- Coordinator, Military Voices Initiative, StoryCorps (Brooklyn, NY): “StoryCorps is an independent nonprofit whose mission is to provide Americans of all backgrounds and beliefs with the opportunity to record, share, and preserve the stories of our lives. …”
- Director, Veteran Services, University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA): “The University of Pittsburgh’s Veteran Services Office is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as the Director of Veteran Services. …”
- Senior Network Security Engineer, Watershed Security (Washington Navy Yard, DC): “This position would serve as a Senior Network Security Engineer responsible for providing engineering services to a Navy Yard Government customer’s Enterprise Infrastructure Network in the Washington DC metro area. …”
- Senior Land Agent, Civil Service Office of Hillsborough (Tampa, FL): “Performs supervisory duties involving land acquisition, disposition, lease administration and technical support of real property transactions. …”
To search for even more jobs fit for our Veterans, visit Military.com.
What’s your definition of a cool job? Tell us, so we can make the next edition of “Cool Jobs” even cooler for you! And follow @MonsterCareers on Twitter for cool-job tweets, as well as career advice, job-search tips, and more.