At Monster.com, we’re on a mission to find the nation’s best bits of career advice. Everyone, no matter what job they do or where they are in their career, has a story to share about how to succeed. In an effort to “pay it forward” and help others, we’ve been encouraging people all over the world to share their tips with us on our Facebook page or using #FindBetter on Twitter.
Here are some of the best #FindBetter tips contributed through our social channels over the past week:
If you could give someone graduating one piece of advice, what would it be? #FindBetter
- Do what makes you happy and not what pays you the most, happiness will make you get up every day, not the pay.
- You don’t get to stop working now; it’s the time to work even harder.
- Find what you are passionate about, something you will enjoy doing forever! Pay off your debt, invest your money now, so you can retire.
- Learn how to speak, interact and build relationships with humans. Life isn’t about texting.
- Update your resume.
- Be confident about your accomplishments.
- Don’t think you’re too good to accept an entry level position. Regardless of your degrees and achievements, everybody needs to start somewhere.
What is the #1 thing that you look for in job when job searching? #FindBetter
- Jobs that allow me to get to them via bus or other public transports… and don’t say “have to have reliable transportation”.
- No forced overtime
- Whether or not I fit the qualifications.
- An ethical company with high standards.
- Professional co-workers
We’d love to hear your story too! Share with on Facebook or use #FindBetter on Twitter!