At Monster.com, we’re on a mission to find the nation’s best bits of career advice. Everyone, no matter what job they do or where they are in their career, has a story to share about how to succeed. In an effort to “pay it forward” and help others, we’ve been encouraging people all over the world to share their tips with us on our Facebook page or using #FindBetter on Twitter.
Here are some of the best #FindBetter tips contributed through our social channels over the past week:
What the most important thing that you look for in a job when job searching?
- Challenge, opportunity for growth/learning, compatible boss, and $$$
- A team you can work well with. A work week is too long to deal with an unpleasant manager
- Happy co-workers
- Whether or not I fit the qualifications and if I would feel comfortable doing the tasks listed
In the past, for what reasons have you quit your job?
- Better pay, crappy environment and bad management… And the worst of all drama!
- A boss so abusive, I was having anxiety attacks
- Jobs being through temp agencies, low pay, no benefits and poor treatment by management, when you become so stressed from a job that it begins to affect your mental health, it’s time to walk away
- Stress, low pay. I need something better for myself
- Because they were putting me in a position of doing something I wouldn’t want my child doing
We’d love to hear your story too! Share with on Facebook or use #FindBetter on Twitter!