At Monster.com, we’re on a mission to find the nation’s best bits of career advice. Everyone, no matter what job they do or where they are in their career, has a story to share about how to succeed. In an effort to “pay it forward” and help others, we’ve been encouraging people all over the world to share their tips with us on our Facebook page or using #FindBetter on Twitter.
Here are some of the best #FindBetter tips contributed through our social channels over the past week:
What is the most important part of your job search?
- Making sure I fit most if not all of the qualifications, especially the required ones. A hiring manager won’t take a second look at my resume if I don’t know how to use a program that’s essential to the job.
- Convenience, consistency, ergonomics.
- Family time, happiness, a huge salary and lots of vacation!
- Fast and painless resume submission. Hate jumping thru a million hoops.
- Reliable internet, Monster account, catchy hook.
In an interview, what’s the first question you ask?
- I always ask about the work environment.
- Tell me how I can solve your problems?
- Can you describe a typical day/week/month in this position?
- As a manager, how far will you go to satisfy your crew, or individuals in it?
- What are you expectations of me in the first 90 days?
We’d love to hear your story too! Share with us on Facebook or use #FindBetter on Twitter!