At Monster.com, we’re on a mission to find the nation’s best bits of career advice. Everyone, no matter what job they do or where they are in their career, has a story to share about how to succeed. In an effort to “pay it forward” and help others, we’ve been encouraging people all over the world to share their tips with us on our Facebook page or using #FindBetter on Twitter.
Here are some of the best #FindBetter tips contributed through our social channels over the past week:
Who is your role model at your job and why?
- I aim to be other people’s role model.
- My boss, I admired his ways of thinking and managing the business himself alone. I wanted to be like him someday. That’s why I try my best to work hard. It’s kind of great whenever my boss told me “good job.”
- My coworker – very focused.
What two things make a great boss?
- To stop being a boss and become a great coach.
- Patience and being a great mentor.
- Respect for your employees and good attitude.
- Good communication skills and realistic expectations. No one wants Mission Impossible every day.
- Mutual respect and patience.
- Experience and making everyone happy to be part of a team.
- Good listener and the will to work right beside you if needed.
- Leadership and focus.
- The ability to admit when they have made a mistake and willingness to help you (the employee) develop as a professional.
- Encouragement and being available for concerns or questions.
We’d love to hear your story too! Share with us on Facebook or use #FindBetter on Twitter!