At Monster.com, we’re on a mission to find the nation’s best bits of career advice. Everyone, no matter what job they do or where they are in their career, has a story to share about how to succeed. In an effort to “pay it forward” and help others, we’ve been encouraging people all over the world to share their tips with us on our Facebook page or using #FindBetter on Twitter.
Here are some of the best #FindBetter tips contributed through our social channels over the past week:
What steps are you taking in your career to reach your dream job?
- Taking jobs that may not seem like the best at the time, but will build my experience to eventually get to the point of my dream job.
- Applying for temp jobs in the positions that I want as well as permanent jobs. Lots of experience in the required skills, tasks, and position seems to be the only thing that hiring managers look at these days.
- Quit old job after almost 3 1/2 yrs. of broken promises of promotions / Pay raises and took a month off before searching for what I felt was my dream job. I took it back to the Internet and now work for Lowe’s and loving it for all of the above!
- Learning new skills like digital marketing… everybody’s talking digital so i might as well be in it..it helps if the course is ŵell detailed and faculty is great…will hopefully get my dream job in digital!
Have you ever searched for a great company before searching for a position?
- I have. I wanted to find a company with a culture that fosters employee growth and development. That was my criteria during my employment search.
- Company came first, position came second. I was in an entry level position for a year, but then I got a promotion and am well on my way to building a career. It was totally worth it.
- Yes. Company I think is the best place to start then check out the positions.
We’d love to hear your story too! Share with us on Facebook or use #FindBetter on Twitter!