At Monster.com, we’re on a mission to find the nation’s best bits of career advice. Everyone, no matter what job they do or where they are in their career, has a story to share about how to succeed. In an effort to “pay it forward” and help others, we’ve been encouraging people all over the world to share their tips with us on our Facebook page or using #FindBetter on Twitter.
Here are some of the best #FindBetter tips contributed through our social channels over the past week:
What career advice could you give to a college student?
- Follow your heart, but take your brain with you.
- Internships, internships, internships!!
- Find a mentor. Stat.
- Don’t rely on a degree or a “job” to get you through life. Study entrepreneurship.
- Research all requirements for the career you want. Do not assume a degree alone will get you what you want.
- Find a job that will help you in the real world. Study your butt off and take advantage of free resources.
- Turn you cell phone off when you are in an interview.
- Be patient and realistic.
We’d love to hear your story too! Share with us on Facebook or use #FindBetter on Twitter!