At Monster.com, we’re on a mission to find the nation’s best bits of career advice. Everyone, no matter what job they do or where they are in their career, has a story to share about how to succeed. In an effort to “pay it forward” and help others, we’ve been encouraging people all over the world to share their tips with us on our Facebook page or using #FindBetter on Twitter.
Here are some of the best #FindBetter tips contributed through our social channels over the past week:
What was the best lesson you learned from your first job?
- Experience is most important.
- It has to be part of your life.
- Communication skills.
- Don’t be so eager to work that you end up somewhere where you are miserable, because you didn’t check into the business.
- Stay busy, do not just sit down and do nothing. You can always find something to do.
- I learned I was good at something.
- Keep your resume up-to-date.
We’d love to hear your story too! Share with us on Facebook or use #FindBetter on Twitter!